Preparation of the OpenShift platform and configuration for the deployment of containerised applications for the ZF Friedrichshafen – a client from the automotive industry
Industrial / automotive
Technologies, methods and tools
Azure Cloud, OpenShift, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
- Analysis of applications currently in use
- Preparation of the architecture
- Construction of the orchestra platform
- Fully automated build and configuration process
- Migration to a newly built platform
- Solution development
- Transformation of application platforms to the cloud
- Automation of administrative processes
- Automation of application deployments
WHAT WERE THE NEEDS?
The client needs to perform a transformation of application platforms to the cloud. Some of the applications required a change in architecture and a rewrite of the application itself. For the other parts, a transformation plan had to be developed, a platform prepared and moved to the cloud infrastructure. The client also needed support in designing, building and maintaining a public cloud-based platform, Orchestrator and CI/CD automation tools.
WHAT HAVE WE DELIVERED?
We have been busy analyzing the documentation received from a third party. We have prepared test cases and test scenarios for data integration between source systems, the data warehouse and export files. We have designed and delivered test automation tools to validate the input files of the wealth management system. We have also prepared test scenarios for the front-end layer and carried out tests for the data integration and functional area and for the required interfaces.